Posted: November 10th, 2014 under ApSIC Xbench.
Starting with the new Xbench 3.0 build 1266 and memoQ 2014 build 51 or later, now the best process to QA memoQ 2014 documents in Xbench 3.0 is:
- In memoQ 2014, open a project and select all documents (or views) that you want to QA. If you press Ctrl+A, you will select all documents in the project.
- Click Export Bilingual to export all selected documents as memoQ XLIFF in a folder on your Desktop (for example, ToXbenchQA).
- In your Desktop, select the ToXbenchQA folder, right-click and then choose Run QA in Xbench.
- Carry out your QA checks normally in Xbench, such as spellchecking, number mismatches, inconsistencies, etc. When you find an issue in Xbench that you want to edit in memoQ, simply select it and press Ctrl+E (or right-click and choose Edit Source). memoQ 2014 will open automatically the document (or view) right at the segment selected in Xbench.
- When you want to run a regression, just re-export the documents again to the same ToXbenchQA folder and then press F5 in Xbench to refresh them.
This new process for memoQ 2014 does away with two inconveniences of the previous integration for memoQ:
- You do not need to create a glued view, which sometimes was not even possible with some kind of online server projects.
- You do not need to have that glued view open as the current document in memoQ 2014, as Xbench 3.0 will now open the right project and document for you
This new functionality is available starting with Xbench 3.0 build 1266, so if you have not updated your Xbench 3.0 build in a while, now it is a good time to do so by downloading the latest build.
If you have multiple versions of memoQ installed on your computer, Xbench 3.0 will tell which of the two memoQ integations can be used depending on context. For example, if you export your .mqxlz files from memoQ 2013 R2, Xbench will use the old integration, but if you export your .mqxlz files from memoQ 2014 build 51 or later, Xbench will use the new integration.
If you run into any issue with this new Xbench integration or have any suggestion, please do not hesitate to contact us.